OVER $80 IN APPS FROM GOOD KARMA APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN OUT AS PART OF THIS CHAT!!!
3 MONTHS FREE AT LESSON PIX WILL ALSO BE GIVEN AWAY TO A LUCKY PARTICIPANT!
#hybrEdtech Chat, on Wednesday 5.13 at 9pEastern, will be a carryover of a recent #spedchat as well as some work that has been done for Global Accessibility Awareness Day that is coming up May 21. The premise of the chat is simple. We will have group/categories every few minutes. At those times, please offer up some apps, sites, software, extensions for all learners you use/have heard about and want to use/how you use in this area/what you will like to find an resource on in this area. The SLAM at the end will be used to talk about ways/resources you use to FIND and CURATE apps/resources. Here are the category groups:
1. Teacher Productivity, Classroom Management, Digital Portfolios, Resources for Presentations/Lectures/Lessons.
2. Visual Supports, Schedules, Behavioral (also any apps for Autism in here too).
3. Sensory Needs and Accomodations: Visual/CVI, Hearing Impairments, Switch Accessible,
Communication, OT Apps and Resources.
4. LD and Executive Function (Organization, Note-Taking, etc.)
5. Math (all levels from number sense to calculus)
Reading & Writing or ANY subject areas (all levels from alphabet to dissertations).
6 . Social Skill Building, Transition, Independence (Life Skills in the Community to Social Stories to Social Media for
7. Student Creation!
8. Fun/Rewarding/Cool App Smashes- Misc tech that engages, motivates, & rewards Ss/
Other favorite must-have tech not included in other categories
A very special thank you to #spedchat for allowing us to carry this topic over and continue to generate ideas. I look forward to a cumulative list that we can all share and ultimately benefit our students. A special thank you as well to #GAADILN: the Global Accessibility Awareness Day team from ISTE’s Inclusive Learning Network’s International Committee (that I am blessed to be part of as well). For more information on this special day, please see http://bit.ly/1PydV7e.
Hope to see you this Wed. at 9PM eastern. Hosted by me (@detechtive1), Steve Wolf (@swolf14), and Parker Ormerod (@parkerormerod).
Mark Giufre (deTechtive1) 2013